Why oil changes are so important.
The expert techs at McRee Ford know regular oil and filter changes help your vehicle run with optimum efficiency. Additionally, the right oil helps keep your car’s engine clean, helps reduce overall wear and maximizes its performance. In fact, when you use the proper grade of engine oil, you can improve your fuel economy by up to two percent. Consult your owner’s manual or your scheduled maintenance guide for information on oil change intervals.
When you own and love a Ford vehicle, you want to keep your car in the best shape possible, and an oil change is the best way to guarantee that your car will keep running like new for years to come.
Three Choices: No Appointment Needed
Regular oil changes are essential to keep your engine clean and properly lubricated, allowing your vehicle to run more efficiently. At your Quick Lane® Tire & Auto Center, we’re Ready To Serve™ with three great oil change choices that help you get the maximum value. Each offers high-quality oil and filter products from Motorcraft® that can help improve your gas mileage and extend the life of your vehicle.
Good: Oil and Filter Change
Quick Lane® always uses premium-quality Motorcraft® Synthetic Blend oil with specially designed performance additives. It helps minimize damage-causing deposits, rust and corrosion, and provides excellent wear protection.
Better: The Works™
You get a synthetic blend oil change, tire rotation and pressure check, brake inspection, battery test, vehicle checkup and much more.
Best: Vehicle Specific Scheduled Maintenance
The best way to take care of your vehicle is to follow the recommendations in your vehicle’s maintenance schedule, found in your owner’s manual and available on quicklane.com for certain vehicles. Quick Lane can take care of it all while you wait.
How to Get Better Gas Mileage
Proper vehicle maintenance doesn’t just help extend the life of your vehicle – it can help you achieve better fuel efficiency. Check out a few tips about how to help boost your mpg and fuel economy.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Making sure your tire pressure isn’t too low – or too high – can improve your fuel efficiency by up to 3.3 percent*
- Get the recommended grade of motor oil. Quick Lane® offers high-quality oil and filter products from Motorcraft.® Using the one that’s right for your vehicle can help improve fuel efficiency by up to 2 percent
- Get an engine tune-up. Making sure all systems are running right can help improve fuel efficiency by up to 4 percent
Tips that can help boost your gas mileage
- Avoid aggressive driving. Constant speed changes and quick stops and starts waste a lot of fuel. Taking it easy behind the wheel can improve your gas mileage by as much as 33 percent
- Remove excess weight. You can improve fuel efficiency by about 2 percent for every 100 lbs. of weight you remove from your vehicle
- Use cruise control. It’s almost always more fuel-efficient to travel at a constant speed
- Avoid idling. It’s more fuel-efficient to turn off your engine when you’re waiting in your vehicle
- Don’t speed. Gas mileage usually decreases rapidly at speeds above 60 mph
Schedule your oil change.
An engine with little or no wear may get by on 7,500 mile oil changes. But as an engine accumulates miles, blow-by increases, dumping more unburned fuel into the crankcase (which dilutes the oil), in turn causing accelerated wear and engine problems, including: loss of performance and fuel economy as well as increased emissions and oil consumption. Thus, for peak performance you’ll want your vehicle to have an oil. Ford provides this essential service to all of our clients. And no one knows your vehicle better.
What is known is that regularly changing your oil is crucial for vehicle health. Due to the high operating temperatures of the engines, oil goes thermal breakdowns, becoming less effective as a lubricant. When the oil stops lubricating, parts of the engine rub together and wear each other out, leading to costly repairs and replacements. All in all, our service technicians offer a value that can’t be beat, so come in to McRee Ford today!